“Truth never damages a cause that is just.”
― Mahatma Gandhi
Critical to our mission is the commitment to using data properly and in the proper context, without a political agenda, and without black-box equations.
Our data definitions document can accessed here. Please note this document is frequently updated and subject to change.
Support from the academic and professional organizations that lead research speaks volumes about the importance of integrity and transparency in science.
Here are just a few of the organisations who have publicly supported our efforts:
Speaking out is never easy. But know that if you do, you’ll find support from the community and from us at Florida COVID Action. We’re always open to hearing from #insubordinate scientists, doctors, nurses, leaders and anyone fighting for transparency.
#Insubordinate in the news:
- Rebekah Jones, Manager of Data and Surveillance, Florida Department of Health (Florida)
- Dr. Nichole Quick, Chief Health Officer for Orange County (California)
- Dr. Stephen Nelson, Chief Medical Examiner in Polk, Highlands and Hardee counties (Florida)
- Sal Hadwan, Nurse at Destroit Medical Center’s Sinai Grace Hospital (Michigan)
- Stephanie Gilmore, Nurse at Diamond Hill Nursing and Rehabilitation Center (New York)
- Dr. Ming Lin, Doctor at PeaceHealth St. Joseph Medical Center (Washington)
- Emily Brown, Director of the RIo Grande County Public Health Department (Colorado)
- Dr. Amy Action, State Health Director (Ohio)
- Jay Brainard, TSA Federal Security Director (Kansas)
- Sheriff Mike Chitwood, Volusia County (Florida)
Florida COVID Action is a rag-tag group of volunteers specializing in public health research, data science, and data visualization.